Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 8: Consumerism



One of the biggest things I missed about America when I lived in Italy was the choices we have.
There are about 100 different kinds of just one food item at our grocery stores.
There, I was lucky if I even found one of what I was looking for.
It was frustrating at the time, but quaint.
I think Americans live by the principle that more options = better quality of life.
I don't know if I really agree with that principle.

So here's my question:
Is more always better?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I experienced the same thing in Europe.
But...as an awful decision-maker, I actually kind of loved it.
What kind of cheese do I want? The only kind they sell. Perfect.

Kellie said...

Hahaha that's awesome. Yeah, it was frustrating because I missed all those options. But now that I'm back I'm like, Dude, America...you can live on like 60% less options. Probably more. Oh America...

Naazju said...

I just love all the pretty colors. :D